Kids are completely unpredictable. They can be so adorable and easy going and laughing uncontrollably one minute, and the next minute, turn that charm off completely. They will typically smile for you all day long until you put them in front of a camera, then they freeze up like a deer in headlights. We want to avoid the gritted teeth and bug-eyed forced smiles during our session.
Here are some things you can do:
1. Make a list of things that your child thinks are funny and send it to us prior to the session. This way, we can be prepared and add these things into our bag of tricks.
2. Also give us a list of icebreakers for your child. Tell us the kinds of shows they watch, music they listen to, friends' names, favorite story, etc. This will give us something to talk to them about, and will help them forget they're in front of the camera.
3. Practice phrases at home to see which ones evoke the best smiles from your child. (Please, oh please, avoid “Say cheese!” unless that really works for you child.)
4. Try out a couple of jokes with them. During the session, we can ask them to tell us a joke and this will typically loosen them up as they tell it to us.
5. If there is a song that your child loves, load it up to your phone and bring it along with you, or be prepared to sing it for them during the session.
6. Prepare a bribe (such as a toy, a trip to the zoo, etc) and show it to them, or remind them of it, during the session.
I hope these few tips help you in planning for your children's portrait session! If you have any questions, I am always here to answer!
Hi everyone! Welcome back! I have been a busy bumble bee planning this next event and I'm so excited to finally share it! Mother's day is drawing near and what a wonderful time it is to celebrate motherhood. So I decided to offer a limited number of Mommy & Me Mini Sessions!
When: All through the month of May
Where: San Jacinto Plaza - Downtown El Paso
Time: Appointments weeknights between 5 pm and 7 pm, and weekends between 8-10 am and 5-7 pm
The Details: Sessions are 20 minutes long, you will receive 3 digital images with print release and a beautiful mini accordion album with images from your session.
Join me throughout the month of May in Downtown El Paso and let me capture you and your precious children together.